FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:00 pm
jplondon

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA
I am not sure I understand your argument. You seem to be agreeing with me that a FFP doesn’t actually play a part on what you choose for your business travel, and as you say convenience is a major issue - which atm is leading you to choose other airlines.

In that context I am not clear why you think a further extension is needed? Unless you are actually saying you would keep travel with BA as you have status despite it not necessarily being the most convenient option? Or if BA doesn’t give an extension are you saying you would choose other airlines in future even when BA returns to a normal schedule? Wouldn’t you anyway since I assume you think they are generally more convenient for you?

At the end of the day as I noted this is business travel, not travel to collect status. The primary purpose is for you to conduct work for your employer and you should choose flights based on that, not which airline is giving you most trinkets.
Business travel does not mean employee travel.

Anyway, I think being GGL adds to the convenience, if I can concentrate all my travel with one company then I perceive and obtain convenience. So a FPP can actually rationally influence the decision to fly with a certain airline, and does not just offer trinkets. My point was that it is odd that this year it is harder to travel BA than last year, which is surprising to me, that's all.

"Wouldn't I anyway chose other airlines because I think they are more convenient, even if BA returns to normal schedule", not sure why you want to twist my words, I was rather clear that the reason I now had to fly other airlines is that BA does not offer the schedule they used to and that sometimes is required. If their last flight of the day returns at 4pm then that might not work for me.

So yes let's see what the future holds, have a nice evening.