FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Aug 4, 2022, 2:39 pm
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jplondon
"Missing the context of my own story", what a lovely way to communicate on a forum. I think the point of a frequent traveller programme for an airline is to attract and retain its most valuable customers. Clearly full fare paying business travellers are a core audience and right now BA's schedule and ticket sales are not conducive to attracting or retaining that audience.

I dont know what travel policy you have but for me it is my choice and convenience above anything. If I can save a few mins or have a few mins more peace of mind by going through the same routine instead of to a different terminal or check-in procedure or different seat then that is worth it. Sure private etc, but my perspective was BA and the consequences of what is happening.
I am not sure I understand your argument. You seem to be agreeing with me that a FFP doesn’t actually play a part on what you choose for your business travel, and as you say convenience is a major issue - which atm is leading you to choose other airlines.

In that context I am not clear why you think a further extension is needed? Unless you are actually saying you would keep travel with BA as you have status despite it not necessarily being the most convenient option? Or if BA doesn’t give an extension are you saying you would choose other airlines in future even when BA returns to a normal schedule? Wouldn’t you anyway since I assume you think they are generally more convenient for you?

At the end of the day as I noted this is business travel, not travel to collect status. The primary purpose is for you to conduct work for your employer and you should choose flights based on that, not which airline is giving you most trinkets.

EDIT: I am sorry my posts are a bit blunt, but frankly I have got fed up of reading post after post from business travellers constantly telling us how important and valuable they are to BA, and how BA must be nice to them and keep them happy, despite the fact they aren’t actually the ones that are valuable. It is the employer paying BA who is actually valuable.

Last edited by KARFA; Aug 4, 2022 at 2:45 pm