FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:56 am
Flyertalker001342
Suspended

My 2 cents: This whole thing, extensions, reduced point thresholds, etc., was not going to end well no matter the cutoff date or any of the other overly complicated things that BA has haphazardly "Band-Aided" on the BAEC the last 2 years.

Do I think that most all of us have benefitted from BA's largesse: YES.

Do I think that BA can make this process "fair" to each and every BAEC member? NO.

Do I think that the BAEC frequent flyer program is overly complex and poorly administered? YES

If I were in charge of the BAEC, I would use this opportunity to simplify the overall program and then use the current cutoff and extension dates with no further modifications or extensions. I'd probably also not make an exceptions for the many BAEC members who in the end are going to think that they got shafted. Life is unfair, it's often a mess, and best to accept that fact and get on with the rest of your life. There is more to life than a free glass of insipid Champagne and some warmed over free food in an overcrowded lounge.