FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warning: ‘G-GAT’s at LHR
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:19 am
TheJayHatch

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
And the problem is? Actually row 1 gives you great leg room. G-GAT series 177 seats all others 180seats. Oh yes I may have to look at the cabin crew! Good grief!

Even greater shock, several regular LHR aircraft are regularly flying out of Gatwick!
OK, we’re taking that route!

As is fairly typical of FTers, I am pretty specific (obsessive?) about my seating on an aircraft. As someone who has to endure it on a regular basis, it creates a nice calm feeling after the inevitable bouts of chaos at either end, whether they be queues, delays, or both. For me personally the problem is 1A, which is my default and where my PA will normally place me, is a reduced legroom seat with zero privacy, and on this aircraft I would prefer 2D on these frames as it has great legroom. I don’t always have time to double check until the airport, although if this is a regular swap out I would put it in the ever expanding list of addendums. I’ve never seen these aircraft, in the 6-7 years they have been operational for BA, at LHR. They were arranged as this specifically to ensure the LGW operation continued: as I was told at the time these two extra seats made all the difference to the business plan. It is not usual for aircraft to swap between the airports, but really my question was whether or not this was (a) new and (b) should be expected herein.

But thank you nonetheless for your opinion.