FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada revoked a worker's flying privileges after her daughter complained
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:30 pm
songsc

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
By "business traveler", you seem to be retricting yourself to non-technical professionals such as financial, legal, and marketing. Few if any technical professionals (at least in North America) would wear what a 20th century person would have called "business attire". That's just not the culture in the industry.
I need to be more specific. By “business travellers”, I mean people in suits or at least “smart causal”, such as dressy shirts, jeans with no holes if not dress pants, and non sneaker shoes. The J cabin of weekday morning YYZ-YVR flights have lots of passengers like that. Me on the other hand, now mostly wear sneakers and sport pants when I fly, even if in J on flights with lots of business travellers.

I am in tech myself, and I would say most of the younger generations wear pretty casually, while the older generation, whether they are middle/senior management or senior level ICs, tend to wear more casually.

For non revs IMO, I don’t think strictly enforcing dress code is still needed. Some one in yoga pants is gonna be quite noticeable in the J cabin of YYZ-YVR flight, but not so much on a flight to the Caribbean. And most importantly, do people really care? DYKWIA type of behaviours, such as the daughter mentioned in the article, is gonna be quite noticeable regardless of her clothes or the flight.