FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:32 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
The Airline credit is hard for me to use also. It use to be really easy to use when you could buy gift cards on Delta. I can still use it by being creative with the annaul E-Credit I get for being a diamond on my one card and then on my Platinum using it to pay the luxury tax if I use a upgrade certificate or using it with pay with miles.
Get a Delta gift card, use it + Hilton Aspire to pay for ticket where the value remaining < $100, easy peasy, add/collect comes off the Aspire. Just like for e-credits.

Also works for award tickets too. $5.60 in the US or <$100 if going to Mexico or something.

I find Delta and Southwest trivially easy to use for AMEX airline incidental credits.

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
No, Alaska. But we manage to get almost the full value every year (take hungry teen grandkids on trips, they order the store, lol).

I know there are "tricks" to make a fake booking, book an upgraded seat, cancel booking, etc., but I don't want to do that.

Even with just the free night and resort credit and some of the airline credit plus extra Hilton points the card is well worth it.
It's Alaska that's a complete pain, maybe half the time it works, the other half I need to chat with a rep in the app a couple weeks later, even if I am doing something like buying a snack pack on the plane. Guess which airline is not going to be on my CS Platinum or Aspire next year?

Anyways... back to the resort credit. I'm noodling on using it in conjunction with points and a FNC at the AZ Biltmore for spring training. Good call?

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Aug 3, 2022 at 12:47 pm