FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA delay caused missed AA connection - Options? Compensation?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:58 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Troopers
Thanks

Just curious...would the original AA ticket been valid had they made the connection? Should I have told my brother and mom to NOT run through the terminal (just to find out their tickets were invalid)?
The only comment to add really is that BA tends to get these swaps accurate. So the robots appear to have decided the connection was impossible, and they were right, the generally don't get it wrong. Which on the face of it seems odd, since anyone who was a fast walker, HBO (since luggage has to be rechecked), Global Entry and then Pre-Check should have made the connection. There is only about 30 minutes there, given the layout of PHL and the requirement to be at the gate 30 minutes (or more) before departure time. I'm wondering if the robots factored in checked luggage, that would have made it impossible I suspect. But yes, having been taken off to Delta, it is reversible, but not really in the relatively short timeframe that was available here. BA did you a favour here, even if a bit more information would have made this a better experience.