FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:12 am
CrazyPete

I had a pretty decent experience with the BRG for the Holiday Inn Express in Fredricton NB Canada.

Booked it at $175 + tax on app (Member Rate Advance Saver, free cancellation up to a week before arrival).

Checked Expedia, saw the same room and terms for $169 + tax.

Sent in a request form. They got back to me in a little under 24hr saying they accepted the claim and matched the rate. Checked the app and saw my rate was adjusted.

When I arrived for check in the paperwork she gave me to sign still showed the $175. I mentioned that and she made a note on the sheet that the rate should be $169. I am not sure if it was because it was an old printout or if they actually had to modify anything but regardless when I checked out the next day the bill showed the proper rate.

A couple days after the stay the base points and my Platinum bonus appeared in the account. About a week after the stay the extra points from the BRG guarantee appeared (5x base rate, but since I already got the base rate right after the stay the second point arrival amounted to 4x base rate).

The 5x doesn’t include the elite bonus.