View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 04, 10:33 am
Scotch

Lower Prices Possible or Book Now?

We want to buy tickets for the only nonstop flight for MLI-MCO for 3/12/05 dep and 3/19/05 arriv. We are not interested in the connection flights because we find connections a hassle with our baby and we are willing to pay more for a nonstop. But the current fares are pricing at $249 for the outbound coach with advance seating (no other coach fare available) and $202 for the return before taxes! I know it is Spring Break for our area but that's more than double what we're paying for the same flights later this month. I've been checking everyday to see if fares drop but nope. We're newbies with AirTran -- the upcoming trip at the end of the month would be our first. We're trying them only because they are the only airline within a 2 hour drive of us that offers nonstop to Orlando. I'd appreciate experienced flyers' advise re whether we should book now because prices will not drop and may even increase or wait for prices to drop. I tried to see if I could check seat availability so I can assess whether the flight is pretty full (the way I can on www.aa.com) but I can't find that option. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.