FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]
Old Aug 1, 2022, 9:00 am
SPN Lifer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lsquare (Post # 100)
What are they actually building at the meant to make it possible to walk from A to G? I don't recall seeing any major construction at SFO last month.

Lucky you! How did you get that LT AA membership? The bonus is not having to fly a same-day OW flight!
It has been at least six months since I read the articles in detail, but I believe the airside B-C walkway connection is the last segment of the arc.

In the mid 1990s, SPN was served by CO, NW & UA.

In 2000, ​​​​​when the UA merger with US was proposed, I bought a lifetime spousal US Airways Club membership as a potential back-door to a lifetime UA membership, which hadn't been sold for at least a decade. Similarly, there were talks about a possible CO-NW merger, so I bought a lifetime spousal Presidents Club membership.

As you may know, the Clinton Administration disapproved a UA-US merger as "anti-competitive".

However, the G.W. Bush Administration approved UA-CO, AA-US, and DL-NW. Don't look to me for investment advice. (!)

I did get some very good use out of my Presidents Club membership in the NW World Club (later DL Sky Club) at NRT through 2010 or 2011, and of course the in the former landside Presidents Club at SFO Terminal 1 until it closed.