FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:33 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by dhuey
🤣🤣😂😂

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
​​​​​​According to comments in that thread, walking "the long way around" SFO airside, once construction is complete, will take about 20 minutes.

I pay attention to this because, while I mostly fly UA, and am a lifetime United Club member, I am also a lifetime Admirals Club member, and AA honors our original terms & conditions -- not requiring same-day AA or oneworld flights.
What are they actually building at the moment to make it possible to walk from A to G? I don't recall seeing any major construction at SFO last month.

Lucky you! How did you get that LT AA membership? The bonus is not having to fly a same-day OW flight!

Originally Posted by dhuey
I believe the very long-term plan is to redesign the International Terminal such that security is in the current departures check-in hall (not at the entrances to the A and G Concourses). There will be an airside section after that, again within what is now the check-in hall. You'll be able to walk airside directly from A-gates to G-gates and vice versa. In other words, it will be like an airside circle, not an arc.
SFO had the past two years to try to do something like that. Sucks that these qualities of life things take forever to accomplish.
​​​​​​​

Last edited by lsquare; Aug 1, 2022 at 8:46 am