FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed Reservation Not Being Honored at Alila Uluwatu
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:18 pm
sadiqhassan

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Confirmed Reservation Not Being Honored at Alila Uluwatu

I made a reservation the Alila Uluwatu for the end of August using points. I do not usually stay at Hyatt properties and so am not overly familiar with the program but found award availability for four nights (I had some flexibility with my dates). I transferred the points from my chase credit card and confirmed the reservation yesterday and then booked my flights and transport accordingly. Today I got an email stating

"Greetings from Alila Villas Uluwatu, Bali.
Kindly be advised that we will have a wedding buyout. Therefore, we are unable to confirm you reservation. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that we have caused regarding the forced () buyout of the property, but we are seeking your kind understanding." (Emoji added by me)

I will book somewhere else but now I have 110,000 Hyatt points that I do not have much use for - I am posting mostly as a warning to others so that the same thing doesn't happen to them! I will see if they transfer my reservation to another Hyatt/Alila property but the other properties are all a lower category so would be cheaper to just rebook myself.