FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions about travel to Barcelona
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:04 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Tintin
I haven't traveled internationally since last August. Many Covid-19 restrictions and requirements have changed since then. I have a trip to Barcelona coming-up next month. Onward JFK-BCN in AA 66, and return BCN-LHR in BA 477 connecting to LHR-JFK in AA 107 ticketed in J except BA 477. My questions are:

(1) Are we still using VeriFLY app to submit Covid-19 vaccination record, other entry/exit forms, etc. for all legs (entry at BCN, transfer at LHR, entry at JFK)?
(2) Is AA still using T5 at LHR for departure/arrival of JFK flights?
(3) In case AA 107 to JFK departs from T3, what is the current procedure at LHR to transfer from (arrival at) T5 to (departure from) T3? In the pre-Covid-19 era, there was airside shuttles between T5 and T3. Are those shuttles operating now?
(4) Is there any arrival lounge in BCN in AA's arrival terminal T1 (One World Emerald or Priority Pass)?
(5) Is there any important information about international travel that I should know since I haven't traveled internationally since August last year?

Will appreciate any feedback. Many thanks.

Tintin
1.) It's best you continue to use it since requirements can change at any time given the continued case ups/downs of COVID
2.) AA is fully in T3
3.) Underground train is free. There used to be a bus, but that doesn't appear to be an option on Heathrow.com web now
4.) There are several OW lounges, but they are all airside. I'm not aware of any arrival lounges you'd have access after clearing customs.
5.) Nothing significant has changed except the lifting of the mask mandate, though this is dependent on your destination so you'll have to check Spain's requirements (or they'll tell you once on board).

One comment about LHR - if you can change your ticket to just route direct BCN back to JFK, I highly recommend it to avoid LHR. It's been a bit of a nightmare in recent weeks and will likely continue to be until the peak Summer travel season is over. Even if it means you go BCN-MAD-JFK, or BCN-PHL and DRIVE to JFK it's a better option than risking the nightmare that is LHR. If you can't change it for any reason, watch your reservation closely in case they make any big changes to your return itinerary. Then you would likely be able to be rerouted via alternate means for no additional charges.