FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:49 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zappy312
Not that it's policy, but I've had a Jazz crew in J who was lax about masking for crew interactions during meal service. The other pax tried to put their mask on during meal service when they came by to drop off something, but the FA told them not to worry about it.
So far this year I have found crew to be relatively lax on TATL service during meals, but less so at any other point in the flight. Most people took off their masks for meal service and didn’t put them back on when interacting with crew for drinks, etc… This is even in the case on flights with FA’s wearing full gear.

However, as soon as meal service is done it reverts back. The masking between sips thing seemed crazy to me, but I got called on it with an after-service cognac. That was in March though. They seem to have softened quite a bit in the summer on my flights, although only to a point. LH, who also have a government imposed mask mandate seem to have basically given up enforcing it now, at least on service to Central Asia, where upon landing no one is wearing masks anymore. I have a return NQZ-FRA-YYZ on Monday, we’ll see how it goes.