FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar moving back to LHR T4
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:55 pm
binman

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I flew out of T4 on the 9am flight last week. So glad it was not the night before when I witnessed the horrific queues in T4 for security and absence of fast track. First class or economy everyone was in those awful queues on Wednesday night which stretched around the terminal with holding pens located in various places. Passengers were moved from pen to pen before being fed into the security lines, only to be faced with screaming from the Heathrow staff. It’s shameful

At 6:15am it took just 20 minutes but the shouting doesn’t stop! It seems the attitude is that if someone doesn’t speak English and doesn’t understand “ we simply say it louder.” Heathrow should be ashamed!

T4 airside was desolate and soulless with many shops closed. I was grateful I had access to the lounge.

It is a beautiful space but food is average and the staff, while willing, smiling and lovely, are out of their depth. I had to explain what a “Bucks Fizz” was!

The lounge was busy so photographs were limited to areas where no one was!

Fruit Platter

Bucks Fizz

Stunning Orchid display

Continental breakfast platter

Wine

Entrance with more Orchids, they are everywhere

Immaculate toilet and showers.

Little special touches everywhere

Not sure about this area, looked very uncomfortable

The lounge experience was a prelude to a simply outstanding flight in First class where we were the only two customers