FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IROPS "IRROPS" - OSO, Weather, etc. Affecting AA Flyers (master thread)
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:34 am
bchandler02

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by enviroian
AA will probably use some crazy algorithm to refund his F-Y downgrade. If he bought the upgrade via TOD for say $150 he'll be lucky if he gets $4.57 back. Alternative math!
Nailed it! As expected, they refunded a stupid low amount of $91.50 for all of this. What a joke - even under the old 500 mile upgrade process the BOS/MIA upgrade price would have been $120. The way I see it, the difference in Y and F when booking was about $800 (This was a paid F ticket, no upgrade shenanigans involved). While the first part of the trip was completed without issue, the 2nd part was not (thanks specifically to AA's incompetence in rebooking me properly and upgrading others instead of displaced paid F customers, and the unwillingness of anyone in MIA to actually listen to the issue and address it) so the refund should be somewhere in the ballpark of $400.

This is going to be a fun one to fight with AA, and specifically why I asked about executive contact details on Tuesday.