FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2022 edition
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:10 pm
Gagravarr

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by TarquinMontague
The other evening I was heading back to LCY from BHD with Jasper (my PA), everyone was nicely lined up downstairs waiting to board apart from this one chap to the side leaning up against the wall. Once boarding started and the queue began to move this aforementioned individual had the sheer audacity to just push into the queue ensuring people could see his boarding pass, Jasper pointed out to him there was a line to which he replied "its one of the perks of his status". What goes through some peoples minds that this would be acceptable is beyond me.
Unless you've flown out of LCY a bit, the number of people eligible for priority boarding can be a shock. A gold card holder used to flying routes without many status passengers could easily see the giant queue and conclude that couldn't possibly be the priority queue they're eligible for, and then push past what they think are chancers and gate lice to.

If you've flown from LCY a bit, and/or someone's pointed out that the giant priority queue really is all gold cards and club europe, then pushing through all the other priority people is DYKWIA

(I say that as someone who got shouted at asking staff to let me push into a 200m long queue for priority security at Berlin last month, on the grounds that it clearly couldn't be all priority and still that long. Turns out that half the queue didn't have priority and really were in the wrong place, but there was also a huge huge number of very grumpy priority people....)