FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:03 am
JD3313

Programs: Miles and More (Senator)
Originally Posted by skydelt
Flying LOT for the first time on an award flight - nothing fancy, just VIE-WAW and WAW-SPU. Had a few questions though:
  • It seems like 1D on the E195/90s might have a little more legroom than the rest of the seats, is that true?
  • Obviously know about how their intra-Europe business class works, but should I expect pretty minimal catering?
  • Is the lounge in Warsaw worth checking out, or if I have a longish (5ish hours connections) should I make a quick run into the city instead?
As mentioned above - in general 1D should have more legroom than the rest although on certain planes that might not necessarily be the case.
Catering should be fine although I would not expect anything special (would not call it "minimal" though).
The LOT lounges in WAW are ok, I'd definitely say that they are above average compared to your typical European J class lounge. As WAW-SPU will be departing from non-Schengen zone you can check out the Polonez lounge in the Schengen section first and the Mazurek lounge in the non-Schengen section. Within Polonez there is also a separate lounge within a lounge for *G members that actually serves you proper champagne (which might currently be the only *G lounge in Europe that does that). In any event, given that the city centre is a 20-25 minute ride by cab from/to the airport I'd still probably choose to quickly run into the city if you have more 5+ hours.