FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it legal for British Airways to raise price on second page of booking?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:10 pm
zedarmill

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ffly45
there is no 25000 Avios option. you're conflating this one with the reference from the case cited by another user.
on the first screen it shows 13000 Avios + $64.80; on the second page it shows 13000 Avios + $199.60.

no. the miles required is still 13000 Avios. and there are still award seats available. and the price discrepancies between pages are still there if you search yourself.
the "taxes and fees" for the same ticket price couldn't possibly legally vary based on availability of seats, at least on grounds of discrimination.

they'd been caught doing it almost a decade ago, paid a pittance in fines, made insincere assurances that they fixed the issue, and have since continued to violate the law for years now.
perhaps this is why i say BA is too big for the DOT. 😏
I have the same result with the OP when I search for US-UK one way reward in Y with BA. The initial page shows 13000 Avios + $64.80 but on the next page, it ends up charging me 13000 Avios + $199.60.
I have over 200k Avios in my account so thats certainly not the issue of the OP having not enough Avios. That's frustrating.