FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qualifying for Aeroplan Elite Status - overview/FAQ
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:38 am
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
In that example, I'm 100% confident you'd earn based on economy for FRA-DXB. But my confidence is due to it being operated by LH.

I've seen it go both ways on an all-AC booking, but I have no recent data.
Hold on there though. Have you actually seen Y segments earn as PY on AC, or are you just alluding to the fact that Latitude happens to earn the same as PY? I know we've seen J/PY fares on Y-only aircraft sometimes book in to Latitude and sometimes in to Flex, but I think we've consistently seen them credit as what they've booked in to.

For instance, on a J fare on a connecting flight with only Y cabin available, I've seen 125% earnings if it credited as Latitude or 100% showing as Flex, but never 150%.

Originally Posted by DumbQuestion
Interesting, so it’s a bit of a crap shoot from the traveller’s perspective. I wonder why they can’t just tell you at the time of booking how much SQM you will earn on your trip.
They could; they just haven't been bothered to build it. Which is why we built a calculator.
​​​​​​