FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass ( OTP )
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:30 pm
InfrequentFlyer2018

Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer2018
Well, turns out all the worry about "texting/emailing" UC one-day passes as gifts to friends for their vacation was all for nothing. They were denied entrance into the EWR Terminal C UC Yesterday. Filled to capacity was the reason. Our friends took it in stride, just sad that our goal to send them off on their Italian vacation in style was a failure.
Now, they rarely fly and I don't fly UA. Is there any chance of us getting a refund on those UC one day passes?
Another attempt to use the passes.. My sister and her friend were traveling JFK/SFO/MFR. Obviously no JFK lounge, but no luck during her layover in SFO. SFO club has a very nice, professionally printed sign, proudly announcing "We are at capacity and aren't able to accept on-time passes" . So this is obviously a great revenue stream for United. Sell something they know will never be able to be utilized.
I've gotten a bit of a run around from United trying to get a refund. Have put a dispute in with my CC.