FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated IAH connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Jul 23, 2022, 3:30 am
Amarillo By Morning

Programs: UA PP / DL PM
Preferred Check-In for UA Departure from Terminal E

UA IAH-LHR in the next few days; planning on visiting lounge near E12. Flightaware currently shows inbound flight (before our flight) as arriving in terminal E, so I guess we have a shot at a terminal E departure.

1. 1 checked bag; CLEAR, Pre-Check, Premier Access; which check-in should we expect UA to route us to (or which should we pick)? I thought I read on another thread that D is preferable. Based on a map recon, C seems acceptable, but interested in your thoughts.

2. Either way, can we walk from the security checkpoints at C and D to E? I wasn't sure if the construction is affecting these walkways. The "interactive" map on the IAH website insists on putting me on the train (but I also noted that the Wiki indicates that the southern C gates are connected to E).

When I went IAH-DCA in May, I recall being dropped off at C (no checked bag) and walking to the lounges in D/E, but I also remember a lot of construction and poor signage/wayfinding (or maybe my nav skills were offline that day).

Thank you very much.