FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issues with UA's online rebooking: Missing flights, higher prices, changed cabin, ..
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:30 pm
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Went to make a change to an October flight, booked within the past 24 hours. Pick new flights, seats, etc. Website shows no additional fare due, and no travel credit (it was an even exchange). Clicking the "Change Flight" button at the end just keeps redirecting back to the same page, saying there's no additional fare due and to click "Change Flight" to complete the process.

So I tried on the app on my phone. It shows a $300 additional fare to stay in F, or a $98 refund to downgrade to Y. I do a search for the desired itin, and it prices back exactly the same as the current one, so no, there shouldn't be any additional fare.

Tried the website again (after logging out, clearing cache, etc.), with the same result: Stuck at the "Change Flight" button on the final screen. If I then went to edit the search, I started getting the $300 higher fare listed, but if I clicked through to select the supposedly-$300-higher flights, I then got an add/collect request for $140, not $300.

I called in, and the agent made the changes without problem and without additional cost.