FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to travel from London to China
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:20 am
GinFizz

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Danielinvesting
Do you mean no more direct route from Finland to China?
No - that is not what I wrote. TJ Wark was asking about the direct airside transit options (before the start of July this was the only possible way to transit). As far as I can see (and confirmed by your reply from the test center in Helsinki) transiting through Finland is possible but requires a stay of long enough to complete the tests and these cannot be done airside (so requires entry into Finland).

The airside transit option through Frankfurt is possible as there is an airside testing facility that is specifically approved by the Chinese embassy in Germany to carry out a "double PCR test".

Passengers transiting via Frankfurt Airport can take "double PCR" test at the international transit area of Frankfurt Airport. The test is conducted by two laboratories and can be accepted as two different test facilities.
(from the Chinese embassy website, latest update (2022-06-29 19:30)
3) Die Transitfluggäste haben die Möglichkeit, sich im Transitgebiet an der Flughafenklinik am Flughafen Frankfurt (das Medical Center am Flughafen Frankfurt) testen zu lassen, wo Real-time-PCR (Doppeltest) mit zwei unterschiedlichen Reagenzien angeboten ist. Die somit sich ergebenden zwei negativen RT-PCR-Testergebnisse werden ebenfalls von den chinesischen Auslandsvertretungen in Deutschland anerkannt.

Translation: Transit passengers have the opportunity to be tested in the transit area at the airport clinic at Frankfurt Airport (the Medical Center at Frankfurt Airport), where a RT-PCR double test using two different reagents is offered. The resulting two negative RT-PCR test results are recognized by the Chinese missions in Germany.
(though in effect useless at present as I can't see any availability for routes from FRA to China)

Last edited by GinFizz; Jul 22, 2022 at 8:28 am