FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to travel from London to China
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:01 am
Danielinvesting

Do you mean no more direct route from Finland to China?

Originally Posted by GinFizz
I was going to post to a reply earlier this evening (here in China) to say that if you are both fully vaccinated (complete course + booster, or complete course with last vaccine less than 6 months ago) then taking the Emirates option is a no-brainer, for several reasons:

1) The Chinese embassy in UAE has text that specifically refers to requirements for transit passengers (confirming this is allowed);
2) Emirates have text on their web-site that specifically mentions that passengers transiting to China need to plan a stopover of at least 48 hours (so they are aware the passengers will book with this purpose);
3) It can be booked all on one ticket (so the only risk you are exposed to is if the AUH-China flight is suspended then your return ticket could be a casualty);
4) Tests in the UAE are reasonably priced;
5) Visa on arrival is available for both you and your mother-in-law;
6) Ticket prices are the lowest you will find;
7) Did I mention the price?

With regard to your other question (though moot now) - it seems that the "direct airside transit" option is now almost gone. I say "almost" as for both Denmark and Finland it seems this is no longer possible or practical, though this is still allowed according to the Chinese embassy in Germany for transit through Frankfurt, where you can take a double PCR test that satisfies the "two tests 48 hours before flight with at least one <24 hours before the flight" option (two tests < 24 hours before the flight also meets this requirement).