FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:35 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by fassy
Well, certainly most major airports are not in the city limits. CPH, OSL, ARN.... all of them are a good distance from the city. Same for ZRH, VIE, MUC, FRA, LHR, CDG, FCO... There are only very few true inner-city airports... like LIN or LCY. Not even something like BOS would qualify for that.

For me, it means "Can I get from the airport terminal to the city center within 30+/- minutes". Ideally with a train/subway/metro. And then CPH, OSL, ARN, VIE, ZRH are named accordingly. Since, from CPH, I take the metro and I am downtown Copenhagen after 15-20 minutes. The Arlanda Express or the OSL Train (not talking about the ridiculous pricing of those) take me to downtown Stockholm or Oslo.

But when I book Copenhagen and got dropped off in the middle of nowhere in Skane, or book Vienna and end up in Bratislava... that is just messed up. (which btw IU also hate about Newark, which a lot of people sell as New York. And especially for Germans hard to phonetically understand that there is a difference between "newark" and "newyawk". Many many years ago, the first time I landed in EWR, I was kind of lost... what I am not in New York?

But well... you can also book Bordeaux and end up on Porto
Wizz air has shuttles from Copenhagen city centre to MMX, if there's shuttle like this I don't think it's a problem as long as the passenger has factored in the cost. When I went to Kista to fetch my EV I was considering flying as Ryanair has 167 SEK fare MMX-ARN. However, it would cost me $ to get to MMX and then either Flygbuss or Arlanda Express is not a cheap option. In the end it would end up 200kr than SK CPH-ARN. I decided to take an early morning train from Helsingborg which is about half of the cost and it gets me to Kista.