FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] AA:JL:QF spin off JFK LAX TYO SYD CGK £2550 business
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:15 am
dvs7310

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
it’s a complicated one but:
the routing on direct JL omits LAX - however Lax allows 2000additional mileage bonus (part of routing rules) this routing JFK TYO SYD CGK is just too long! The only way to do it with Syd is via lax, and that’s only doable on AA fare which doesn’t allow JL prime numbers from my reading of rules
OK, that makes perfect sense then actually. I misunderstood that is additional mileage and thought it was a deduction from the allowed MPM.

Did mileage calculations for AAdvantage credit (as an EXP), this even with the AA codes is actually still a lot better than using JL codes because of those QF segments. Who knows who much of the $$ AA will allocate for JFK-LAX-HND and v.v., but I calculated it just for testing at $500 each way, if it's lower then not a huge deal, the QF segments alone add up to a little more than JL I fares with cabin and elite bonuses.

You can also book it on the non-stops from JFK-HND and v.v. on AA8402 and AA8403 for about $50-100 more, presumably that's the 2,000 mile bonus getting taken back out. I'm also quite pleased the stopover in Tokyo is indeed only adding $100, I feared it may not since AA rules say no HIP exceptions apply.

$3k certainly isn't cheap but this adds up to quite a lot of AA LPs all in one shot if you actually want to fly. Otherwise Magazines.com is a lot better bang for the buck, LOL