FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HR St. Louis at The Arch (formerly Waterfront) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:45 am
JJ804

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Stayed here recently on a Friday night for a Cardinals game. Hotel was sold out, so only upgrade as Globalist was a partial arch view room on 16th floor (out of 18). Self parking was full, and there was a long wait (15-20 min) for valet parking around 4:45 pm. In fact, we were stuck at a stoplight across the street from the hotel because there were so many cars jammed in front of the hotel. Check-in was much better, as there were many agents working, and lines only 2 deep. Room was small. In the 2 double bed room, the only place to sit other than the desk chair was an odd ottoman sort of thing over by the door, which actually proved useful.

There was a line for breakfast the next morning at 9:45. We waited about 15 min to be seated. It was a buffet with extensive choices, including lunch-type deli meat and cheese, as well as hot items (sausage, potatoes, etc.). No griddle items, strangely, but extensive pastries. Melons and pineapple, but no berries.

Overall this hotel was just ok. The high points of this hotel were the location and the Globalist benefits (free breakfast for 4, free parking on award stay, late checkout). If I'm not a Globalist next time I'm in St. Louis, I'll likely try somewhere else.