FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:14 am
FlyingMoose

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
CGI as in media?
CGI as in computer generated imagery, think at the most advanced level.

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
I wonder why i, and everyone I know, is asked when we're about to use our remaining vacation days then? The rule is there to prevent managers with your mindset to set the tone.
You're still not good at reading. I never said anyone should not have vacation days or not take them. I am saying people who do not take vacation and bring increased productivity should be rewarded greater than those who work 6 weeks less.

Companies are of course free to ask you or motivate you to take your vacation and I do believe you're obligated to take it if there is an industrial vacation which typically doesn't apply to white collar work.

Originally Posted by fassy
I’d bet more like CGI as in competitor to Accenture, Capgemini, Cognizant, Infosys, Oracle, Cisco, IBM…
Negative.

Originally Posted by WindowSeatFlyer
I guess you need to tell Elon Musk that he needs to stop taking vacations to become successful and perform better. 🤣🤣🤣
I'm sure the richest person on the planet has nothing to prove/gain.

Originally Posted by the810
I will once again refer you to WizzAir's attempt to enter Norwegian market. Yes, local customers do care about how companies treat their employees.
Was it a successful attempt? Nothing stops companies from trying, are people really picking WizzAir because of how they treat their employees or because they are cheap?

Originally Posted by ksu
Consumers base their choice on trust. The SAS strike destroying the vacation for thousands has given SAS a huge PR problem, irrespective of who is to blame. When the SAS CEO is let loose on TV without his minders, ranting about his employees, he worsens the PR catastrophe, and is seen as unpredictable. The end result is that SAS is seen as even less trustworthy among the consumers in what is often presumed to be SAS' most lucrative market.
If you continue to believe it was SAS's doing then we must read different news. The unions decided to strike in prime vacation season and not in March. The union pilots kept the planes grounded not SAS. If either party really cared about the vacations of Norwegians we wouldn't have had a strike at this time a year.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Consumers have a remarkably short memory, it is a big thing now. 2-3 months down the road no one cares any longer. Which is why Ryanair keeps flying, despite so many people saying never again. The perpetuity of consumers' statements is pretty brief.
Bingo!

Originally Posted by WindowSeatFlyer
Anyone with a rudimentary level of understanding of the airline industry understands the role Richard Branson played in Virgin Atlantic’s branding and corporate image.
But Branson's image was a reason to fly the airline and the same reason why VS got to be a preferred and continues to be a preferred airline for anyone that has a choice of airlines.