FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to Check Rewards Flight Availability on Qatar Website
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:34 pm
KingCanute

Originally Posted by tomofmaine
Are you guys seeing any QR F/J award seats in July or August? September 2022 and onward seems pretty normal.

I’m specifically looking for DOH-MLE in F, but from widening my search, I literally can’t find F/J seats to anywhere, and this is even on flights with wide open F/J cabins within a few days of departure (when QR is normally good at opening award seats).
It's pretty normal for QR to block out redemptions over the main summer holiday period, as well as at other peak times like Christmas, Easter and the main Muslim holidays. There may also be additional blocks that are route specific according to local events. The route I fly most frequently had nothing between the 2nd week of July and the start of September from very early on this year. Higher loads aren't helping either of course. You will probably find that c.8/9th November onwards is also blocked out for rewards due to the World Cup. You might get lucky at the last minute but I wouldn't bank on it.