FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS to Roll Out Electronic Bag Tags
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:04 pm
kileysmom

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Not too long ago I faithfully printed my bag tag and put it in its nice blue carrier. Felt quite okay as I'd been using these for a few years without incident. The bag overnighted at SEA and, somehow, the Alaska blue bag tag carrier was ripped off the case in the SEA baggage area and so it sat....and sat....and sat. It sat despite there being a separate metal tag saying call this number where my flight itinerary is always on record. Three days later it finally made it to TPA and that was many thanks to a couple of really helpful and dedicated TPA and SEA staff who more or less determined my bag would get found. No great problem with the delay...didn't have to go out and buy stuff etc. but it was annoying. So am I going to trust that some other AS item hanging on my bag will help much? Nope. My bags all have a printed itinerary inside, a note in the exterior business card pocket saying to check the metal bag tag or call me at....... they will all have a Samsung smart tag (have one in test mode right now) and they will still have the great little metal tag that will always have my entire itinerary available for retrieval by an airline. AS admitted that it didn't appear anyone had checked the bag for information until the two staff went on a hunt for it.