FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transferring Bonvoy Points to Airline Program Miles [Discussion & Transfer Times]
Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:22 pm
bigshooter

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I needed to add 18k points to AS the other day so I could get a specific award ticket (I don't plan on using AS miles after this). I went through the transfer portal, but site timed out and said something went wrong. Called into Marriott CS and asked if the transfer completed since I didn't want to duplicate things. CS rep told me he did not see any transfers and to try again. This time it was successful, but a few minutes later things updated and now i had THREE separate 54k transfers. The transfer we thought failed actually duplicated the points request, and then I submitted the third on CS recommendation.

CS first told me there was no way to reverse a transfer, so I became somewhat agitated and told him I expect Marriott to provide me 108k Bonvoy points to remedy the error caused by Marriott site issues. Magically a support ticket was opened and I was told to wait 7days for a resolution.

First I hope the AS transfers are as quick as I have seen recently as I want to book this flight soon. Second, has anyone had duplicate transfers created by error, or had some other issue needing the transfer to be reversed? 108k points while becoming worth less and less each day is still quite a few.