FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:04 pm
Exec_Plat

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by warberry
I have 2x LHR-HND in F on 7th October, followed by 2xHND-SYD in J on 16th October, both Aadvantage miles redemptions. A week long stopover in Japan, perfect, but I am starting to think of a plan B if the country isn't open to general tourism by then.

There is zero fresh award ticket availability anywhere near those dates. Is there any chance JL or AA would even talk to me about moving one of my bookings so I can simply transit HND ? Will be gutted if I have to let these redemptions go, was so hard to get them

Does JL tend to add any last minute J or F award seats on either of these routes ?

Thanks
You could book PAID travel HND-xxx on oct-7 then xxx-HND on Oct 16....and spend the week 'not in japan'. Seoul? ~250 coach, 2:30 flight

IMO, the only way they MIGHT move awards is if THEY did something to 'ruin' the connections. (like they changed a flight, a time, etc)...in this case you booked at risk.

Wonder if you could book a 'tour group' to get around the tourist visa restrictions? not my cup of tea, and I expect most FTers as well.