FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:53 pm
Galileo787

Originally Posted by JojaFlyer
Just adding a data point to this thread. I was conditionally approved for Global Entry renewal in February 2022, three and a half months after applying. I couldn’t find either remote or in-person interview slots at the time.

Last week I had a trip to Miami, and thought I would try walking in without an appointment. According to the DHS website, the Miami office should be open until 10 PM. However on my arrival, I got to the office at 9:15 PM and it was closed. My departure flight was a few days later in the afternoon so I got to the office at around 12:45 PM and it was open at that time. I waited in the waiting area with five other people. About five minutes later, an officer came out and asked each of us if we had appointments, and if we had brought our passports and another form of ID proving our US address. Everyone else in the waiting area had an appointment time. People were brought back into the back office three at a time. It was a pretty quick process, and those three people left about five minutes later. The officer came back out, and checked with new arriving people in the waiting area. As a walk in, I sat through three cycles of bringing those with appointments into the back office. I waited 20 to 25 minutes before being called into the back office.

My interview was fairly quick. My fingerprints were collected again, and a new picture was taken. I was asked if I had been to Mexico or Canada in the past five years, and what the purpose of all of my travel is.

The officer told me that my full approval would not go through until the results of my fingerprinting came back, and that that could be up to two weeks. The next day, I got an email that a change had occurred in my account. I logged in, and I am showing as fully approved with validity date extended for five years.

FYI the global entry office in Miami airport is on level 2 (with the check-in counters), at terminal J. It is at the very far end of terminal J, very near the end of the building, by door 32.
Hi, appreciated the MIA review Joja! I had a 20:00 PM scheduled renewal interview in July and the office was also closed, on trip arrival walking from terminal D to J (sheesh). Couldn't try the walk-in due to early bird flight departure later in the week.

Last edited by Galileo787; Jul 19, 2022 at 1:59 pm