FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:04 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by warberry
I have 2x LHR-HND in F on 7th October, followed by 2xHND-SYD in J on 16th October, both Aadvantage miles redemptions. A week long stopover in Japan, perfect, but I am starting to think of a plan B if the country isn't open to general tourism by then.

There is zero fresh award ticket availability anywhere near those dates. Is there any chance JL or AA would even talk to me about moving one of my bookings so I can simply transit HND ? Will be gutted if I have to let these redemptions go, was so hard to get them

Does JL tend to add any last minute J or F award seats on either of these routes ?

Thanks
There can be additional inventory released, but unless more capacity comes back to the Japan EU market I don't think it is very likely to happen on JL44. BA is still not flying to Tokyo, and lots of other European routes are reduced due to Putin's war in Ukraine.
Sydney has 5 rotations a week in the September schedule, but there is still a lot of run on seats. So it is not the easiest route either.