FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Suite Night Awards - SNA - questions and discussion thread
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:52 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Ijones027
getting in a fight about getting upgraded would not ruin my stay obviously if hyatt had a decent property around where I'm going we wouldn't be having this conversation. What I'm really asking if they denie the benefit and I show in writing the rules and get corp on the phone can they twist the words into that they don't have to upgrade to a suite or will they eventually give in I'm really looking for data points or people with experience with this
Maybe you missed the "there is no silver bullet" part of my answer. It goes back to how good are your persuasion skills. Because just showing them the rules and threatening to call, or then actually calling Marriott, are not necessarily going to accomplish anything. It's more likely than not that they'll stick to the party line of "we're sorry, that suite is not available for an upgrade."

I've played this game at numerous Marriott properties around the world. I'd venture my success rate is higher than most. But this is like a client asking whether he's going to win at trial. The outcome can't be predicted. It's 100% dependent on the people vested with the power to make the final decision.