FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent F Experiences
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2022, 5:10 pm
hansyuwiwb

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ianassum
Much appreciated. I agree about the tasting menu - ultimately this saves cost too (and crew service time) and reduces the likelihood of multiple wine pairings with the courses
Interestingly more luxury ingredients clearly present on the SIN-LHR-SIN-SYD legs of QF 1 and 2 compared to the SYD-SIN legs as recent menus for these flights on Flyertalk reveal

Compared to SQ, JL,EK,NH,QR,LH AF and LX in long haul F, aside from the miniscule caviar tartlet, this SYD to LAX menu shows standard good J fare (extra marks for green beans that look green) and is clearly sub-industry standard

Qantas clearly has a "lure" which I am also susceptible to that includes our slavish loyalty to FF status and the title of the worlds safest airline (they have dropped to 7 this year)

Not looking forward to my flight back from LAX to SYD in F on QF 12, a surprise for my mother, where recent photos on the website were shocking for F food (I used FF points for her)
Neil Perry food fares much better in the lounge where more money is spent on ingredients (crayfish on the laksa in the F lounge in Singapore)

I am skeptical about the plant based components - they are more cost effective and the actual ingredients used are very surprising for any F offering
the vegan food is loaded in addition to booked pax count, so if you are not a staff traveler you will not be stuck with it... there’s always something else