FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:10 am
oneboyincoach

Programs: QR EK AC BA TK 9W AY
Credit card issues with rebooking

Originally Posted by catbox9
My risk tolerance is too low and I didn't end up flying to Svalbard.

Tried talking to an agent at the airport and again at the lounge, but they all said I need to call SAS in order to change my ticket. My new ticket is supposed to leave tomorrow (I'll be in Dublin and can't go). The website is incredibly broken and I can't exactly spend all day every day on the phone trying to get a hold of someone.

Any way I can get these tickets to be changed to a different day or refunded (it says right on the page I'm eligible to change the date at no cost)? This seems incredibly unfair. Every other airline I've ever needed to rebook let me do it without even the slightest bit of effort.

Slightly related, they won't even issue my tickets because of an issue with the credit card. That makes no sense as my credit card didn't change and they didn't ask for credit card info when I changed the date.
Try to buy something small on that card and enter your PIN. We were having problems with hotel bookings because we were tapping and to Visa it looked like a stolen card. So now we always insist in entering a PIN, and alternate cards so we have recently validated transactions.

The strike started the day after we landed in Berlin, and we also have SAS tickets via Toronto for the return.

We were planning on Svalbard but it looks too unsure at the moment.

Good luck