FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]
Old Jul 14, 2022, 3:34 pm
Tomas E

Programs: Eurobonus, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by catbox9
Supposed to fly OSL-LYR tomorrow and return on 18 July. The return is "likely to be cancelled" but tomorrow's flight looks like it might operate. These are on 2 different PNRs so they aren't linked in any way. Obviously I'm not going to risk going to Svalbard so I want to reschedule. Despite numerous attempts at calling (which is costing me a small fortune since I'm US-based but located in Norway at the moment) I have been unable to reach anyone. I am trying to book for a different date but the system doesn't work.

Am I basically screwed here and out the cost of my ticket?

EDIT: Managed to get it pushed out until the day after tomorrow. I'm flying SAS OSL-DUB tomorrow so maybe they can help me at the airport.
There has been one flight per day LYR-OSL operating for the last couple of days. I found news item in Norwegian from earlier today which says that the pilot union had extended the exception from the strike for Svalbard for the rest of July:
https://www.dagsavisen.no/nyheter/in...-for-svalbard/
Originally they had made an exception until Sunday to fly home stranded passengers. (I think essential deliveries to Svalbard was also an argument for the previous exception?)
I think this is a case of SAS not yet having updated their flight status page further ahead than the 16th for LYR-OSL. The 17th should already have been safe under the previous exception.
So I suggest you fly to LYR tomorrow (EDIT: I didn't see your edit, but fly there when you're supposed to!), enjoy your stay there, and there should be a good chance that you'll be able to come back on the 18th! I'm not saying that it's 100% sure, but this summer it seems no flight is 100% sure.