FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ1: Cantonese Cuisine? Deplane or Stay on Board?
Old Nov 30, 2004, 4:42 am
lowwol

Programs: PPS Club
u can preorder the food (book the cook) if u fly either First or Raffles. and i presume u are not because if are u would not have asked this question. or unless u are flying F or J for the first time onboard SQ or for this sector. apologies if my guess is wrong.

u can either deplane or stay onboard. its up to u. if u deplane, all hand carry u have must be taken along. the last time i did that just to grab a bite and drink at Silver Kris Lounge, i had to lugged along 2 bags and my laptop.

, i would deplane after staying onboard for 10 hours. the air is not good for the health. besides, the cleaning crew will be doing the cleaning and touching of the cabin. while the incoming cabin crew will be busy preparing the aircraft for boarding.

Originally Posted by rejunivated
Does anyone know if Cantonese Dishes are served on SQ1 SFO-HKG? I should assume that at least something related to Cantonese is served on this flight considering that this is a HK-bound flight and many of the pax are HK natives. Can you 'book the cook' for certain types of specialty Cantonese Cuisine (Dim Sum, E-Foo Noodles, etc.) on this segment? During the HKG stopover, do you deplane or remain onboard? If allowed to deplane, is the layover long enough to have breakfast at some of the HKIA fast food establishments (Post Security of course)?