FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Daytime Transatlantic First
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:38 pm
chriswiles

Originally Posted by JSM8
I have just travelled in a Club Suite for the first time and experienced the 'everything on one tray' meal. I have to say I quite enjoyed it......I could graze across the courses in the order I felt worked for me at that time (and yes I had the cheese at the end). Looking at the two menus there didn't seem to be that much difference at the moment between First and CW....except the separation of courses in First and everything on one tray in CW. And for my money the Club Suite means that the experience is closer to First than before.
The 'everything on one tray' isn't most people's issue. In fact, like you say, it's potentially better as you don't have to wait 20 minutes+ between each course. I remember once waiting 45 minutes between main course being taken away and my pudding arriving and that annoyed me.

The issue is the size of the portions! The all-in-one Club World service is now almost 1:1 with a basic Club Europe 2-hour tier-3 flight, meaning I can fly to Spain and get the same tray and food I'd get on a 10-hour flight to the west coast. And the second 'meal' is now much smaller, too.

- You used to get a choice of starter + small salad
- You used to get a choice of pudding and something much larger than the little mouse pot
- You used to get a proper half-decent cheese board!

There's a huge difference now and it's not good enough. At a very minimum they should give you the salad/choice of starter back.

The service on a long haul expensive flight to the US shouldn't be the same as a low-cost Club Europe flight to Spain.