FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA amenity kits (2021 & onward)
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:04 pm
Dyce

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by CApreppie
There are variations of the new Away hard case amenity kit with the fabric zipper surround and the straps inside being different colors.

Question for those that have the new Away hard case - what do you plan to do with it or are you doing with it? I thought I might use it for electronic accessories but it opens completely so more opportunity for spillage than the current former amenity kit bag I'm using - a fabric zip pouch which holds more as our e-accessories only continue to grow....
Yea, the case would be a winner for me if each side had mesh zipable internal covers on each side. The elastic bands don't hold much in place. On longer trips I might try to use to store energy bars, but it's pretty useless as a cable case.
I have some (very) old light grey cases with the internal mesh zipable inserts and they work great for storing different currencies (Although to be honest I rarely need to obtain foreign currency these days...). It's not useful for personal toiletries either.
Different color cases would be nice in order to be able to differentiate (in future personal use), but given the current design I'm leaving them on board...