FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bonus Loyalty Points from Citi AA Executive Spending ($40,000 = 10,000 point bonus)?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:55 pm
Ord Liza

Originally Posted by MorganB
If you go into your account on their website ( not sure about the app) then you can do a transaction search from Jan 1st to current to see what your spend has been in the calendar year. Even under this scenario which is what I was using initially I passed the threshold of 40k spend on April 16th and 3 statements have cut and posted to my AA account since with no 10k LP bonus. It's like it's automated but if the automation doesn't work the customer service agents with AA and Citi have no idea what to do.

I'll probably wait till 3 or 4 days after my August statement posts and if I still do not see the LP bonus I'm going to call the AA executive liaison. It's very frustrating.

What's confusing for me is that the LP for my December 4th to Jan 4th statement posted fully as LP for this year. Seems like only the Spend from Jan 1 to Jan 4th should have posted.
Yes, same here: my spend from December, that posted in January, counted as LP's too. I am surprised that they are treating the spend differently for the two purposes. Also, when the first Citi rep told me that I had met the spend for the bonus, she would have had to have counted the portion of the spend that posted to my AA account in January from charges that posted to my Citi account in December. Later though Citi told me that it was in AA's hands and AA told me it was up to Citi. I'm going to be there soon anyway without it, so it's not worth pursuing it with them right now. I was just trying to track down what now seems to have been an inaccurate recollection of something said on FT. But you are right - it is frustrating.

As to tracking it, I know exactly which transaction would have triggered it under both methods of calculation.
As to Barclays, theirs have been easy to track and I've had no trouble with posting.