FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - List of BA destinations where masks are mandatory
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:41 am
alex67500

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Not quite correct. It is recommended that an FFP2 mask is worn, however, a medical mask such as a surgical mask is absolutely fine in German public transport. Tbh, hardly any enforcement, you're in luck if you actually see any staff at all on trains and subway especially! Also, contrary to what I thought it would be like, public compliance is not that high either.

Elsewhere, masks are rarely seen. At least this was true of my experience in Dusseldorf and Frankfurt last week as well as my laborious 4 hour train journey between the two (used regional trains only to benefit from the 9 EUR ticket!
I had a slightly different experience. I was in Berlin over the Jubilee weekend and the signs outside U-Bahn stations were clear that FFP2 masks were expected. Compliance was about 50% FFP2, and the rest a mixed bag of surgical masks, cloth masks and nothing. At busy times almost everyone was masked one way or another, but when the trains were quiet compliance went down.