FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:04 am
gcuk

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
It’s been said so many times over the last two years that with members having different year ends there will be winners and losers in any extension process, and we will all individually assess the treatment of our own position as being fair or unfair, largely based on what others have got.

BA however are assessing the bigger picture. They have set lower re-qualification targets and there are people who are flying and re-qualifying at those levels. Planes are full, albeit on a reduced schedule, and premium prices are being paid. Yes there are cancellations of flights but there are way more flights taking off than being cancelled. Let’s not forget that some people’s travel pattern will not return to pre-pandemic levels and they won’t re-qualify anyway, because they may be choosing not to fly or their employer has reduced the company travel budget and meetings for some companies will take place virtually indefinitely.

It’s always emotive when we stand to lose something, but I’m approaching future status on the basis that I’m very grateful for extensions and reduced targets granted over the last couple of years, but accepting that’s it’s now up to me to earn my status going forward.