FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:21 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by goodtasting
Received this email below and the app is now showing my mileage award Saver flight return leg from HNL-NRT (which connects to NRT-SIN) departing on Oct 27 as "This flight segment is cancelled or not confirmed" I suppose this is pretty much a done deal that the flight is cancelled and I need to call to get rebooked on something else?

Feels crappy since at this point, there's no flights on the dates I want (flights departing on Thursday/Fri to get to SIN by Sat/Sun are not avail on the app) and all of the othe4 flights I see have crappy routes with two connections such as HNL-GUM-NRT-SIN or HNL-NRT-BKK-SIN compared to a 1-stop itinerary. Do I have any other options such as pushing United to book me on other *A flights that might not show up on the award calendar? Or is it likely that I'll need to eat it and take both 1) a reschedule of 2 days +/- and 2) worse routing?

Email: Due to persistent changes in our flight operations, your flight 903 on 10/27/2022 for itinerary (number).
Unclear which are partner flights and which are UA operated.

UA can only put you on partner flights with award availability. UA can not open award space on partner flights and UA will not purchase space to repair an award flight on a schedule change. UA can and will open award space on it's operated flights. UA can olny get you to SIN via SFO unless there is partner award space available.

Who cancelled what? Partner or UA, it matters.