FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:41 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by welshwiz
Rebooked onto BA0393 and now that has just been cancelled at 15 days out infact all BRU-LHR flights have been cancelled with just the option of BA0389 07.05 - 07.20 left which would give us over 24 hours layover in LHR which I did not think was allowed due to APD issues? They are totally unwilling to allow us to drop the BRU-LHR leg or change to a different gateway (I think BAH rules are different to BA's). Any ideas of what else I can do? It looks like I'm stuck with the 07.05 flight on 22/7 as they won't even let me move it to 23/7 as we have Sofitel booked for 22/7? I don't want to cancel at this late stage as we now have hotels, car hire, cruise etc booked. Looks like it will be a very long journey if we have to leave BRU at 07.05 and not arrive in Miami until late the following afternoon.
The APD factor isn't a problem when there are IRROPs, it become irrelevant to the process, so long as it's an involuntary move. And to be honest, in the context of everything else, if this just a same day move that's probably as good as it gets even if it is a long trip to MIA.