FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage Award on JL / JAL / Japan Airlines (2016-2023)
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:47 pm
Justin Volzer

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Your likely issue is that most all AA long haul premium cabin award space is now web special, and web special awards cannot be combined with partner awards on the same award.

So searching US-Tokyo you'll see lots of web special space, but searching US-BKK you'll see nothing since the TYO-BKK partner award cannot be combined with the AA US-TYO web special award.

If you do book these as separate PNRs there is no way to combine them into one later.

And if you can find sAAver space on the US-TYO segments then it's definitely possible to combine that with the TYO-BKK segment on a single US-Asia 2 award, but as mentioned if the US-TYO is web special then that's not possible.
This is not the case. The flights are entirely Japan airlines. I have found lots of flights that are JAL from JFK to HND and the HND to various Asia 2 countries. For some reason they can't be booked. Has to be done multi city therefore paying 90k total. 60 for USA to Asia 1. And then 30k to Asia 2. It should be 70k from USA to Asia 2. I have spoken to 3 different reps. The first two never even understood what I was trying to do. The 3rd finally figured it out but told me he couldn't help me. Saving the 20k each way would be really nice but I'm at a loss on how to proceed.