FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Capital One forum is now open
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:31 pm
SpaethCo

I do think there would be benefits to separating out things into different topics, which would be more easily facilitated in a dedicated sub-forum. Capital One has started incorporating transfer partner bonuses (recently FlyingBlue just had a 25% bonus) and having those opportunities tracked in a separate thread would help with visibility.

To add to nsx mention of Priority Pass, recently the "Access lounges on your payment card" feature made the rounds on all the travel blogs, but as far as I'm aware currently the Venture X is the only US-based card that actually supports that right now. This would be a good opportunity to discuss data points when it comes to trying to use the card as a lounge access method.

While I see mia 's argument that the discussions have slowed down in the past, I believe that Capital One's journey to expand beyond a limited 2% "cash back"-style miles program has been a more recent development. I could be wrong, but I only see interest growing to a broader subset of travelers when more people discover that you can pick up a VISA that earns 2x points on everything without category limitations or foreign transaction fees, and now you can transfer those points 1:1 into programs that many people are already playing in today.