FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Portugal COVID test prior to flight?
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:28 pm
emma69
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scoobybpc
Did you end up going yet? according to Air Canada, Canada is on the list of accepted vaccine countries and does not require testing.
Flew on Wednesday with Transat out of Toronto. Girl in front of me in the queue (it was her second time queuing!) was sent to go and get a covid test at the airport testing facility for the flight to Lisbon when she tried to check in / bag drop. The agent doing my bag drop did not ask to see my certificate (I deliberately did not show I had it as I was intrigued as to whether I would be asked per this thread) so in true Flyertalk fashion, YMMV. Glad I had it though, as the line was over 2 hours to drop my bag, and if they sent me to go and get the test and queue again like that girl had to, I would have a) missed by flight and b) not been a happy bunny.

Nothing was requested on landing, I used the e-gates and was straight through.

Returning to Canada they checked vaccine certificates and marked the back of the passport with an identifier which they checked again at the gate.

ETA - just saw on the other thread that apparently as of July 1 no testing needed. So moot I guess! Ah well, just reporting back!!

Last edited by emma69; Jul 5, 2022 at 12:43 pm